My game won’t save

Issue:
my Pokémon ultra sun game file won’t save, I am using an Xbox one controller, I have all my games in a folder that I can open from my citra home screen, so I open the game tap X on my controller (which opens the menu) I save in game menu, when I close the game and re open it I have to start again, if I open load save files I have one file called “Main” in that folder which I can’t open :man_shrugging:t2: Am I doing something wrong? I’m new to this

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x
  • GPU: GTX 1050ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra canary #605
  • Game: Pokémon Ultra Sun

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

I just need to know how to save my progress… is their a certain way?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

citra_log.txt (4.7 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

your log looks incomplete, run your game until you reach your issue, close citra, go to:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log and upload your log again.

citra_log.txt (10.8 KB)

this was after i opened the game, chose my character and as i was about to name him it gets a System Archive Missing

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

i have a broken 3ds is there a way i can dump my files from a ds that wont turn on?

okay i ended up using my brothers 3ds to dump the files, i no longer get an error reading. but when i save in game by pressing Y and then Y again it doesnt allow me to carry on from that point, and if i open the save location file it still only has one file in it called “main”

citra_log.txt (952 Bytes)

go to Emulation > Configure > Debug > and change Global Log Filter from *:Critical to *:Info
open your game, reproduce your issue and upload your log again.

citra_log.txt (59.0 KB)

as i saved i pressed stop and this was the log, again when i go into open save data location, it only has “main” inside it…

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

i have gone onto youtube searched the other support questions… and i still cant save my game… what else can i do…?

Data file is probably corrupted, right click on Ultra sun on citra game list and select ‘Open Save Data Location’ and move that ‘main’ file to another location. start a new save game and see if that works.

1 Like

this is what it told me after i moved “main” out of the save folder

Open your save location again and move the whole gamesave folder
e.g: Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000\001b5000\data\00000001

go up to 00040000 where 001b5000\data\00000001 is the whole save folder.
so, move the 001b5000 folder.

even after i removed the save and jumped back into the game i even played to a further point in the game just incase, and after pressing Y on my controller and then Y again to save the save file still only says main in it…