My PC crashes when I launch Animal Crossing

Issue:
I used to play Animal Crossing without any problem for some time. Some time ago, I set up the graphics in order to make it work faster.
But from one day to another, when I try to launch Animal Crossing my whole PC freezes and I have to force its shutdown.
It is weird because I haven’t changed anything since last time I played without crashing.
I tried several times but I gave up because I don’t want to keep forcing the shutdown of my laptop.
Do you have any idea of what may be the problem? Thanks in advance.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel ® Core ™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
  • GPU: Intel ® HD Graphics 4000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1560 (WinDS PRO 2020.02.09)
  • Game: Animal Crossing Welcome Amiibo
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): [I cannot take a screenshoot because my laptop crashes once I launch the game, but I hope this pic is ok]

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (5.7 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Computers can take screenshots, there is no point using a phone camera to do it. Taking a screenshot not only make it have the best quality but also use less data.

The most common way is to press the Print Screen key on your keyboard, it can be abbreviated as PrtSc or PrntScrn, then you just CTRL+V in the reply window to upload it.

Do this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help! It works now

And sorry for the picture, I tried to take a screenshot from my PC, but as it was completely frozen every time I launched it, they didn’t save.
Thanks again!

1 Like