My yuzu emulatorr closes out of nowhere

I am playing monster hunter stories 2 on yuzu emulator while using Vulkan low gpu. My performance was between 40 to 60 fps so it ran pretty okay, along with the fact that I set the aspect ratio to the lowest so that the performance can be max out. I also did the Nvidia setting where my laptop is set to give performance and also change the setting where the yuzu emulator will be specifically boosted by the nvidia.

But then there are times where in the middle of loading into battle, world or dialogue, the yuzu just go freezes and thanos snapped. No crash warning, nothing. Just, gone.

So is there anything I can do? I have updated my window version and Nvidia driver to the highest, still have the problem. Thank you very much!

Here’s my specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor (sorry a bit messy :smiley: )

Here’s my log:

yuzu_log.txt (2.0 MB)

Just to update, switching to OpenGL has the same issue as well. I didnt tinker with the setting fyi.

Edit: Fun fact, after updating the driver to the latest, I was unable to launch the game using Vulkan now.

Try using Vulkan on the Nvidia GPU, for that you need the latest GPU driver for the integrated Vega installed, here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5-2

Also, update to the latest mainline (regular) version, that early access is so old, mainline overtook it several weeks ago.

Can I upgrade the yuzu launcher from the launcher itself instead of downloading a new one? The latest launcher can’t seems to scan the game.

you still aren’t updated. Latest mainline is 779. Worst case you can just delete %localappdata%\yuzu\ and clean install mainline via their installer. Mix matching old yuzu and new could be potentially weirding out your qt-config.ini or something else.

By default the emulator pulls latest if you used their installer, and If you use their shortcut for yuzu in start menu/desktop. Otherwise the above will remedy that.

It also doesn’t help you’re using the latest nvidia driver and Opengl. That has issues at this moment. Stick to Vulkan.

Another problem I have now is that I keep having this video core issue where my current driver is not suitable for the latest amd, the problem was resolve after reinstall, but then it resurface again a few days later.

That’s lovely Windows Update replacing it for you.
Keep the installer at hand.

so i have to redownload it again every time window update screw me up?

See if DDU helps you disable Windows Update touching your drivers: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/