My yuzu suddenly stuck at launching screen since yesterday after playing normally for few months

Hi guys. As said in the title, my yuzu suddenly stuck at launching screen with increasing game speed up to 3000% after playing normally for few months. Before that, because my computer graphic hardware is weak, sometimes it crashed at the cutscenes but I never encounter this launching screen problem before. Below is my computer graphic details and yuzu log. Hopefully I can find someone with the solution here. Thanks guys

yuzu_log.txt (2.6 KB)

System Information for Support

OpenGL Vendor                                 null
OpenGL Renderer                               null
OpenGL Version                                null
Enable CPU JIT                                null
Docked Mode                                   [x]
RNG Seed                                      [ ]
Use Accurate GPU Emulation                    [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

That log is empty, that’s as far as it reaches when the game gets stuck, or did you open yuzu again before uploading the log?

Sorry I thought I accidentally open yuzu and close it before uploading the log. I just open yuzu, open the game, wait for it to stuck, close it and now I have this log yuzu_log.txt (40.8 KB)

OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               AMD Radeon HD 8750M
OpenGL Version                                4.3.1
GPU Driver Version                            26.20.11024.4001

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

Yup, old drivers on the GPU.

I try window updating via Device Manager. It said that the driver is up to date. How do I know what is the correct driver to manually install it?

Here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-8000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-8750m-series-gpu
If the driver complains about being incompatible, that’s the stupid notebook manufacturer using their own version. Uninstall your current driver with DDU, and then install the one from the link.
Here’s a link to download DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I just install it and this is what I have now

It is the correct driver?

Yesterday I went to Discord and got the suggestion of turning off the BCAT and it helped me overcoming the launching screen problem. With this new driver, seems like the crashing problem is attenuated. This is the log I have now after trying to play for a while. Do you see if any problem with it?yuzu_log.txt (3.8 MB)

OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M
OpenGL Version                                4.3.1
GPU Driver Version                            20.4.1 26.20.15029.20013

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

How much RAM do you have?
The driver is perfect.

I have 10 GB RAM
Capture

I also have another question why my renderer change from AMD Radeon HD 8750M to AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M after installing the Radeon Software. Is this renderer better for yuzu?

The name may change with the driver versions, it’s not important.
With 10GB, increase your pagefile.

How can I increase the pagefile and how much should I increase it to?

Here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows
Increase to at least 10000-12000MB.

Yeah with the newest yuzu and increased pagefile, seems like the crashing is gone. Thanks a lot for your help

The crashing problem is back
Just now I update from yuzu 226 to 228 and now Fire Emblem crash once after few minutes. I increased the page file to 4096-16384MB for all the disks. I also clean up the disks to save around 20GB free for all of them. Yesterday it worked normally so I don’t know what happened. This is the log after the game crash, I cut it into 2 parts since its larger than 4MB yuzu_log part 1.txt (2.9 MB) yuzu_log part 2.txt (1.2 MB)