N64 controller support for Citra?

Issue:
Hey I’m just curious if it’s possible to map an n64 controller to work for Ocarina, Majora and other titles. I was trying to mess around with the mapping but it seems like it’s perhaps impossible. Anyone know if it’s possible? Thanks.

sorry this is my first time posting, I apologize if this format is incorrect or if this is the wrong section. I tried searching for more on the topic and the rules but I kept getting 404 pages.

System Information

• Operating System: Win7
  • CPU: Intel i5 6600k
  • GPU: RX 480
  • Citra Version (found in title bar):
  • Game: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:

Paste your entire console window log here.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

try this thread, you might find something useful

https://community.citra-emu.org/t/temporary-controller-configurations-for-citra/?source_topic_id=1867
1 Like

Yeaa, I was looking through that a bit and I also looked through the input map link provided, http://www.jannikvogel.de/scratchpad/citra-input-map/ n64 is not listed. I’m guessing it’s probably impossible since the X and Y buttons don’t exist on the n64 controller. I can’t get the Z trigger to function either. I’m guessing I should go buy the Mayflash GameCube Controller Adapter for my gamecube controller.

Does anyone have any experience or trouble with the gamecube adapter? I don’t want to waste any money.

ZL and ZR are actually still not emulated in citra afaik , not sure if that was changed recently

I don’t think I even need ZL or ZR actually, I just need the Z trigger on the N64 controller mapped to L (which is the lock on button in Ocarina) on the 3ds. I tried doing so and there was still no response so I’m either mapping it incorrectly or it’s broken. And if that’s the case I’m hoping the Gamecube controller will work instead.

So I got my PS3 controller to basically work, some of the mapping feels a bit weird so I’ll try and rearrange it. But I guess N64 controllers won’t work for Citra atm, at least not for Zelda.

An N64 controller is probably some generic controller (if you’re referring to the USB repro controllers). So you’d have to Google around. Any controller can technically work with Citra as long as you figure out how to configure it correctly.

1 Like