Name specified in System settings doesn't change Multiplayer name

Issue:
Hi, how can I change the name that appears when you enter the Multiplayer mode of any game? I changed the appropriate setting in Citra’s System tab but the name still shows up as “Citra” there instead of the name I specified. Please note that I don’t mean Netplay but rather any in-game Multiplayer menu I’ll show some examples with screenshots. Is this a bug or something? Thanks a lot for your help.

System Information

  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 8750
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1706
  • Game: Any game with a in-game multiplayer mode
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (286.4 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1706 HEAD-6e16081
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            466.47
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1706 HEAD-6e16081
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            466.47
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1706 HEAD-6e16081
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            466.47
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

  • Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.

Service.FRD <Warning> core/hle/service/frd/frd.cpp:GetMyScreenName:105: (STUBBED) called
From this line from your log I’m suspecting the game is retrieving the name using that function, instead of reading from the cfg.
That should also be the only place that still has “Citra” hardcoded.
I’ll check the code and see how hard it is to change that.

1 Like

I opened a PR that may fix this issue, but I don’t have a way to test it.
If you want to test it out, you can check out the artifacts generated by the github actions workflow (scroll down the page). The windows release is named “linux-mingw” (for reasons).
You may want to wait for it to be on canary for the ease of installing, which will happen eventually once the code is reviewed and the PR is tagged as canary-merge (no timeline for when that’ll happen though).

1 Like

Hi, thanks a lot for looking into this issue. I’m happy to share that I tested the PR/build you mentioned and it indeed fixed the issue, now the games use the name specified in system settings as they should:


Hopefully it’ll get merged soon to the nightly/canary builds, thanks so much for fixing this!