System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 pro
  • CPU: AMD A4-4000 series
  • GPU: Radeon 7480D processor graphics
  • Citra Version :Citra nightly 1580
  • Game: Pokemon X

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (4.3 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Host OS: Windows 6.0

Hm strange, can you go to Windows Update and get the latest version? It should be 2004, you can see what you currently have if you type winver in search.

Host CPU: AMD A4-4000 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics

Though, your bottleneck is most likely this, Radeon has poor OpenGL performance on Windows unfortunately and the APU is slow as well:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Citra recommends a score of 1800 or better. Ryzen 3 3100 has 2455 for example.

About Windows 24-Jun-20 9_23_46 PM

I also have 7480D Radeon processor graphics with it, i just need some solution to run citra at its best

Ok, well make sure you have the latest drivers which would be the Crimson Beta driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a4-series-apu-for-desktops/a4-4000-radeon-hd-7480d

For settings…well default is pretty much already “the best”, use native 240p, other than that there is not much you can do because…Radeon and a slow processor.
Dual booting Linux might help however this Radeon GPU is rather old (since it cannot use the Adrenalin 2020 drivers on Windows) so I’m not sure it can use the “amdgpu” kernel driver on Linux.

I checked the driver compatibility for my radeon graphics and it seems that 2020 version is a bit of an issue

the above picture is from amd website.hd
Mine shows it has Radeon hd and it is not mentioned for 2020 version
I downloaded the crimson version and it runs better than before, but i still experience lag like hell.

Welcome to AMD’s Radeon GPUs :stuck_out_tongue: Well the other option is to run Linux (e.g Ubuntu) because there are faster OpenGL drivers for Radeon but yeah I’m not sure if it would be able to use that latest kernel driver I mentioned before. It doesn’t hurt to try the 2020 drivers though, both Intel and AMD always state “OEM blah, blah, blah” when most of the time it works better.

Otherwise you will have to buy a new computer.

I installed the download for the radeon 2020 version but my pc does not support it so I guess all my drivers are maxed out for the current version of my pc but still I experience problems with citra.

Ah ops, I even said Crimson were the latest and that your GPU cannot use 2020 drivers in a prevous post. Sorry for the confusion.

I think you are just limited by your hardware, you do have very old stuff. A4-4000 is not only low-end but it came out in 2013. 4GB RAM is also very low in 2020, I have heard from Youtubers like Tech Deals that 16GB is like the minimum now and it’s recommended to get 32GB… but that is for upcoming AAA games like Cyberpunk 2077 etc.

If you ever get hands on like Ryzen 3 3100 ($99 CPU) you will be blown away how much faster it is compared to your current APU. However you will need new of everything but at least the CPU part is “cheap”, that Ryzen CPU is comparable with the older i7-7700K which was $350 in 2017 so it’s 1/3. It’s a pretty good time to be a budget gamer these days :stuck_out_tongue:

Omg!! I just tweaked the settings in the windows properties of Citra and changed the priority to real-time(high) and changed DPI settings (not mouse settings) in the properties also, so that the PC can enhance the Renderer rather than Citra software !!!
I am able to Pokemon omega ruby at 100% speed and 30 FPS lol!!!

1 Like

Interesting, guess there is more than typical power settings.

Is it possible to run Ubunut like it’s a program, or run virtually rather than having to set up having to different OS’s on the same computer?

Cause my PC can pratically run everything I throw at it currently on ultra but been trying to play mgs3 and the speed is stuck at 20%. I tried out mario which actually did manage to for the most part to run at 100% but I’m guessing that is because the game doesn’t require as much in general.

Ubuntu is an operating system, like Windows.

Here is a guide how to install it on an external drive. You can if you want make space on your C:\ drive and install it on the same drive too, it is up to you.

Heyo, I’m kinda having the same issue (I think)
My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 with 128 SSD, 1TB of HDD, 16 GB of ram, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, Radeon Vega graphics and Windows 10.
I’ve tried to run games on both Citra Nightly and Canary with the lowest config, but every game runs at 50 - 60% just in the intro screen :frowning:
How can I fix it just like you did? (I’m sorry, my native isn’t English)