Need help state won't load

Issue:
Citra doesn’t run a save state by loading 0 fps everytime I try loading a save state of the game I am playing even though the emulator is still running at 100%ish speed eventhough the regular game still works as normal. This first happend when my abra was about to evolve into kadabra and I saved the frame that was at 0 fps exactly when my Abra was evolving to my slot after the idea of it being fine after resetiing the emulator and loading the saved state

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 11 version 21H2
  • CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
  • Citra Version: Citra Nightly 1745
  • Game: Pokémon Alpha Sapphire version 1.4
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (5.5 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Your explanation is rather confusing, however I can get that you used save states to save over an emulation bug, then loaded that save state. This isn’t something you can do. Save States save the entirety of Citra’s state at the time of saving, that includes settings, progress, file paths, emulation, ect. This means that saving a state upon encountering an emulation bug, will merely save the emulation bug alongside everything else. Loading that save state will just load the emulation bug again.
For that same reason, saving a state when the progress being saved came from another loaded save state is a bad idea. Since you’re basically just introducing more and more instabilities into your progress.

Use your in-game save files most of all to record your progress. Save States should only be used within single gaming sessions and preferable not beyond.