Need help with getting Citra to run snoothlty

Citra runs fine on my PC for the most but when I record my Pokémon gameplay the only time it really lags is when I go in and out of battles and cutscenes!
image|281x500

Above is a pic of my PC info for anyone that can help! Would greatly appreciate itcitra_log.txt|attachment (202.8 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Did I upload it correctly?

likely due to shader compilation stutter, this is expected since citra doesn’t compile shaders asynchronously (or implements something like dolphin’s ubershader).

So what am I to do to avoid this?

Wait for such improvements/features. does it occur without recording? if not, try changing your recording method.

No it happens even when I’m not recording. I wonder how so many other Youtubers get it to work fine.

Citra requires a processor with high single thread performance, the recommended score is 1,800, which doesn’t mean that all games will run smoothly. also AMD GPU OpenGL drivers are known for their poor performance. but nonetheless stuttering may occur even on better computers.

So do you recommend me upgrade my processor or my GPU?

That is up to you, ideally you should upgrade your CPU first. also upgrading your GPU to a Nvidia GPU would also help (upgrading to another AMD GPU wouldn’t do much difference because of the OpenGL drivers performance).

Keep in mind that citra is a work in progress: