Need support for an instant crash in DQMJ3

Issue: Instant crash when collecting “book of a witch” in Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 (non-pro)
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

As the title say, the game crash when collecting this book in Grim Tundra, in the chest who’s near the monolyth. when the chest open, the begining of the text appear and after that the “c” of “witch” appear on screen, the game crash, and the sound become loud… very loud.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8.1 64 bits
  • CPU: Intel core i3 4150-T
  • GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 720
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): HEAD-50def5a
  • Game: Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 (non-pro)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (33.2 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Your issue is that you’re using a English ROM hack which has known bugs.

chrome_2018-06-03_11-13-30

thank you but there is also an other problem and idk if it’s a known one or not, if i loose in the ice monolyth fight, the game crash. for the first crash, what can i do to fix this problem please?
i would also like to know where did you found this game crashes list if possible.

EDIT : well after going back to the centre building, the issue fixed itself after a quick cinematic.

as i played almost at the end, the only crashes you will find are the hidden chest, so SAVE after you open one.

Also, the’re some monsters that start the fight DEATH, so free XP and a little bored as easy :frowning:

I found also a stealth box that causes a crash :
Hope you can fix this problem.
System: windows 10
Citra Version: Nightly #781

log: citra_log.txt (9.2 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Please make a new topic for your issue, as it seems to be unrelated to OP’s.

hm okay. looked like the same issue (only another object) for me

I’m not really sure, considering OP’s issue was due to a ROM hack bug?

Comparing the log files, this does seem to be unrelated.

EDIT: Oh, looking at it again, these do look similar. Can you test this on hardware and see if it occurs there?

I opened a new topic before I read your comment. created a new log file during the crash…it had 8MB und was too big for an uploading…so I used a different page to upload it (here: https://files.fm/u/7hebamcj)
What do you mean with testing it on hardware? (sorry, I´m new to this kind of stuff and English isn´t my first language)

I mean to see if the crash occurs on a 3DS, with the same ROM hack.