New bug to report

OS is Android, using the yellow Yuzu, (the paid one), Samsung s23 Ultra. Deleted Yuzu last year due to frequent crashes, reinstalled once firmware hit version 17 to see if it improved. I can play BOTW again, (previously after 3 months of mostly working it got so overloaded with the ever increasing shader count that it just refused to load at all, period), and I can now run Super Mario RPG just fine when before it would stall on load.

The NEW bug I’m dealing with is that, no matter what game I’m playing, it crashes after 25-30 minutes and acts like there IS no firmware or keys installed. I now have to reinstall firmware and keys EVERY SINGLE TIME I open the app. It happens regardless of the game. it also kills my antivirus and my live wallpaper. So even when it’s working it refuses to work. I can’t figure out settings enough on my own to find anything that would explain it constantly needing me to re-install the keys and firmware.

Weirdly I never have to re-select Vulkan. Only have to reinstall the keys and firmware.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

Is this an 8GB S23U variant?
Try the latest github build: Releases · yuzu-emu/yuzu-android · GitHub