New Citra Canary Build has increased audio latency problems in multiple games

Issue:
Hello, since updating to the newest Citra canary build, I’ve found multiple games have had increased gradual audio latency (it starts out normal and then gradually gets worse and worse as you play, in a matter of minutes) compared to the previous build, where this problem didn’t occur.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: i5-8500
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1857
  • Game: I tested it in Project Mirai DX and Persona Q2

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (5.4 KB)

2 Likes

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

It looks like you accidentally reopened Citra before uploading the log. The log gets cleared every time you open Citra. Have the log folder open in the background first before closing Citra then immediately upload a new log.

I have the same problem since the last update on canary 1857 (9.10.20), it happens to me too but in Monster Hunter XX, the sound comes like 1 or 1.5 second after any action. The frames are 30/30 , speed 100%, frame from 4.89 to 7.36 (normal as in previous updates)
It isn’t a big problem, it isn’t uncomfortable but this slight audio latency could be fix it.

You can try switching you audio output engine to sdl2 (emulation>configuration>audio). Maybe that’ll fix it. Edit: for now

This should be a fixed log, my apologies
citra_log.txt (47.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1857 HEAD-f9e7514
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            456.71
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

sdl2 audio doesn’t produce the same audio latency issues, i just tested. however i vastly prefer the sound of cubec audio so if that’s the only solution (apart from saving and loading states every 6 seconds) i’ll probably just stick to using canary 1856 until a build comes out where i don’t have this issue

Though unrelated, it’s recommended you do this:

1. Open Citra then go to File->Open Citra Folder
  2. Open shaders folder then delete the opengl folder if it is there.
  3. Emulation->Configure... then click on Graphics on the left
  4. Click on the Advanced tab and turn on Accurate Multiplication

The Disk Shader Cache currently has a bug when Accurate Multiplication is turned off causing it to load all shaders slowly from zero every time you start the game and makes the precompiled cache extrememly large + the RAM usage skyrockets until you crash.

Ah I wasn’t aware! Thank you I’ve done just that

There should be a fix for the audio issue soon: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/5577/commits/bed920d70920cd86f91d68881b1b62d45b5c0bdf

the new canary build seemingly has this implemented but the cubec lag still persists, for whatever reason?

As far as I can tell through more testing, this has been resolved as of canary 1862! thank you for your assitence