New Citra Update broke all my save states

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
tried to load a save state after the new update, it freezes then the whole citra window crashes. i had an ingame save, but I am not sure how to access it if i cannot get into my save.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10 home
  • CPU: AMD 8300 8 core
  • GPU: nvidia 750 ti
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra 1819
  • Game: pokemon moon/Y
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): I cannot screenshot it as it just freezes for a moment then crashes

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

citra_log.txt (84.0 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:

System Information for Support

Client Version                               Nightly 1819   HEAD-016ce6c
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor            | AVX | FMA
Graphics API                                 OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                           527.37
CPU JIT                                      [x]
Hardware Renderer                            [x]
Hardware Shader                              [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication     [x]
Shader JIT                                   [x]
System Region                                3
Shader Disk Cache                            [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

New update broke old save states. To access the old save state, you’ll need to load it on an older Citra build. However, since you said you have an in-game save file. All you need to do is load that. Which works the exact same as on the 3DS.

Where could i get a older build of citra?

thanks for the reply, how would i go getting an older version of citra? i have the file for an older version but i’m not sure how to go about getting it to work. when i try to open it using the “citra.exe” file in the folder an error pops up saying “the code execution cannot proceed because libss-1_1-x64__.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”

All Citra builds can be found on our Github page:

For Nightly: Releases · citra-emu/citra-nightly · GitHub
For Canary: Releases · citra-emu/citra-canary · GitHub

First off, run citra-qt(.exe), not citra(.exe). The qt one is Citra with a user interface. Secondly, that error tends to occur when you move the .exe out of the folder it should be in. Make sure to create a shortcut, don’t cut/copy and paste it somewhere else.