New Update Issues

Issue:
I have three things to bring up here;

First is probably the more simple of the two to answer; how do I stop the emulator from automatically pre-downloading the update and crashing whenever a new build is published? It breaks the gameplay (especially since I only have time to play in the evenings, when the new nightly builds are published) and the random CTD has caused me to lose progress twice now, setting me back by almost half an hour each time.

Second is that this most recent update seems to have broken some of the config files, requiring me to manually fix them myself. While not necessarily a problem (it caused some minor confusion before I realised that the input config file seems to have gone to heck), it might be an issue others face and may face in the future. Just want to bring it to mention.

Finally, the newest update seems to have caused a minor hit to performance, especially at the titlescreen which now renders 15 frames slower, and seems to be causing minor frame hiccups that previously were not present with the game as I leave it to idle while typing this. As you can see below, there’s no crash reports or any dump files but I am fairly certain this has to do with internal rendering. There is a chance that this was happening before, and I just hadn’t noticed it and it also stands that it is not actively harming my gameplay so at the end of the day it’s not the end of the world. Just a minor concern that seems to have cropped up after this recent update.

If it ends up being that they’re just something I’ll have to live with for the time being then let me know. It’s not the end of the world, after all, and is just a minor inconvenience.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X
  • GPU: GTX 1060 & 970, 1060 is the rendering GPU
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 962
  • Game: Pokemon Ultramoon

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

In Configure - General, turn off “silently auto-update…”

1 Like

Just going to add Nightly 961, controller works. 962, controller doesn’t work.

I’m not sure what my last version is, but I’m getting fps dips so I’m going back to Nightly 955