New User: Citra is Invisible

Issue:
Citra is running but is not visible on the screen

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Chipset (7850 specifically)
  • Citra Version: Unknown: Issue persists with the current versions of Canary and Nightly. Re-downloaded and installed at 6 PM today from the main Citra site.
  • Game: NA
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Diagnostic Log
NA, cannot access Citra to create diagnostic log.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Are you using using Single window mode (option available on the ‘View’ menu) or fullscreen mode (F11)?

I don’t think I am. It’s a fresh install. I haven’t even been able to touch the UI at all to change anything. Citra doesn’t have anything in alt+tab or windows+tab. The only hint I have that it’s running is windows task manager.

upload your log file, follow the bot instructions.

It won’t let me upload the log directly, the log file appears to be entirely blank.

To generate a log, open citra, run your game, close citra shorty afterwards and don’t open it again at this point (only in your case, because the game doesn’t present issues, only citra), open the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Citra\log and upload the citra_log.txt file.

Do you use a gamepad? If you do, try to disable it in Device Manager, then launch Citra again.

1 Like

press windows+p and check if you have with single screen.

Thank you, starting Citra with the game pads disabled has fixed the bug. Do you by chance know why it happened?

1 Like

@Gulag_fun @Paradoxed, since you guys are able to reproduce this issue on nightly, you can submit your issue here, so the devs can investigate this issue.
if you do, remember to include details, CPU, GPU, OS, Gamepad used, citra log, citra version, etc.