No Audio Ps4 Controller

On Citra I set the audio to output to Headset Earphone (Wireless Controller). But I am not having any audio played through my ps4 controller. It works when I have it set to go through my monitor, but it doesn’t make any noise when I have it set to the controller. Is there a way to fix this?

I don’t believe system specs matter to this issue.

Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby Randomized

In case it is needed here is the log
citra_log.txt (53.3 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1708 HEAD-e7671d9
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1660/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            456.71
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

The PS4 controller might just not be compatible with what we use for sound, not sure. Are you also using something like DS4Windows as a controller wrapper?

I thought my previous comment wasn’t a reply to you so I deleted it, but turns out it was, so sorry for that, but here it is again.

No I’m not using DS4Windows. I don’t know if the version matters, but I have heard of other users getting sound on the ps4 controller, the DS4 I’m using is the newest version, the one with the light shinning on the touchpad.

Not sure I can distinguish DS4Windows builds like that.
Are you using Ryochan7’s builds?: GitHub - Ryochan7/DS4Windows: Like those other ds4tools, but sexier
or are you using Jays2King’s builds?: Releases · Jays2Kings/DS4Windows · GitHub

Ryochan7’s builds are a lot more up to date so they’re generally more recommended. You should also try connecting your controller to your PC using a wire if you can (and also change the audio output device in Citra’s settings to match). See if that makes a difference.

When I was talking about the version I was referring to the controller itself, the hardware, I don’t use DS4Windows. I am connecting to my PC via a wire, it’s the charging wire for the ps4 controller, and in Citra, under emulation in the audio settings I have it set up to where the audio device is “Headset Earphone(Wireless Controller)”.

Ah, my bad. I misread your previous post.
You should try using Ryochan7’s DS4Windows version and see if you get audio output that way. There’s a good chance that you’re missing the required DS4 drivers to get the sound to work.
Since DS4 controllers aren’t natively mapable, you’re likely using some other program to provide the drivers for you (steam for example does this automatically sometimes). In which case you’ll need to turn that off if you want to use DS4Windows.

I found the solution, I needed to use Output Engine: sdl2 and set Audio Device to auto. I was able to find both of these in the audio tab, strangely the headset setting didn’t work. But thank you for the help.