No Game Directory option

Issue:
My Citra nightly downloaded today and does not contain the option game directory under file so i am unable to save my game- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity.

Edit: i double clicked on Citra and made a folder on my desktop labeled game directory and it came up now with my game title on citra but i still cant save? heres a screenshot:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

You do not save your game via the File menu. You save your game through whatever normal process the game has built in to it (ex: save points, auto save, etc…).

You can find the save files that Citra generates in the Citra data folder at Users/[User]/AppData/Roaming/Citra or if you use the game list, you can right click a game and choose “Open Save Directory”

The game directory menu option has been moved, you can see it in two forms here:

With no folders:

With at least one folder:

What actually happen when you try to save? Any errors ingame?

Thank you but it still says save failed after saving in game and no matter how many times i restart it, it wont work, btw here is what it looks like after i made a game directory on my desktop:

i just deleted it all and i reinstalled and now have this so maybe you can help me make a directory so i can save?

What should i make as the game directory?

Just double click, and and select the folder where you have your games. You can do this multiple times to create multiple game directories.

My only question is when i right click there is no ope save file or whatever:

is this y i cant save and if so how do i fix

That’s because you haven’t saved yet.

I tried to save every time i restart the game in the first dungeon then in a couple tries i waited on later to save to see if that is the problem but nope i still get either way save failed y?

Did you save properly in-game?

yes both the dungeon save and the end of mission save

edit: is it my game?
reedit: ok it has to be citra cus no matter what game i choose says save failed y?

then
then
on both super and GTI pokemon mystery games y?

Can you upload a log file after it says that it failed to save?

this is at the point of step 3:

but what does that do for me i still cant save?

Upload (drag & drop) this file to your support post as a file attachment.

You forgot this last crucial step :stuck_out_tongue: It can give clues why it can’t save so we would like to read it.
Make sure you you have tried to save first and then closed Citra before you upload the file here.

ok ill brb with it thank you so much for your help

ok here citra_log.txt (263.0 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• Citra is currently utilizing open-source system files which may cause emulation to be less accurate, but not affect system stability.

um so what does that even mean? how do i fix this? like i understand what the bot said i just dont understand how that is supposed to help me it just told me you have a nonaccurate emulation like you think? sorry im just frustrated.

The bot just detected that you aren’t using some files dumped from your 3DS. It can or can’t be the cause of your issue - try dump these from your 3DS just in case by following the wiki pages: https://citra-emu.org/wiki/home/

Service.FS <Critical> core/file_sys/savedata_archive.cpp:OpenFile:80: (unreachable) Unknown error opening C:\Users\Cody\AppData\Roaming/Citra/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/00000000000000000000000000000000/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040000/000ba800/data/00000001/game_system
Service.FS <Error> core/hle/service/fs/fs_user.cpp:OpenFile:68: failed to get a handle for file [Wchar: /game_system]

Here are a couple of clues, though I haven’t seen this before so right now I don’t know. Try dump the system files and see how it goes.