No sound in HLE(fast)

Issue:
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.
Whenever I play pokemon x with HLE(fast) the game runs normally but without music… there is still sound fx but no music. When I switch to another sound setting like LLE and the other option the game gets too laggy that it is unplayable.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10 Pro N Ver.19042.867
  • CPU: core i7 4510U
  • GPU: Geforce 840m
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1696
  • Game: Pokemon X

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (105.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1696 HEAD-8e3c767
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce 840M/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            416.16
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• You are running out of date drivers for your GPU. You need to install the most recent driver for your graphics card from NVIDIA’s website. Download Drivers | NVIDIA
  • LLE Audio is designed for debugging purposes. Using this option will slow down your game. Try changing to HLE audio.

What is your exact Windows 10 version? Open winver to find out.

Audio.DSP <Critical> audio_core/hle/wmf_decoder.cpp:Impl:44: Unable to load mf.dll. AAC audio through media foundation unavailable
Audio.DSP <Warning> audio_core/hle/hle.cpp:Impl:146: Unable to load any decoders, this could cause missing audio in some games

I will assume you have Windows 10 N version which doesn’t include the Media Feature Pack by default, you will have to install it manually: Download Windows 10 Media Feature Pack

I have Windows 10 pro N 20h2 with the os build of 19042.867 and It doesn’t show my version on the drop list menu so I went to Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions and followed the instructions on Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N (October 2020)

After installing the Media Feature Pack what do I do?

Try your game. It should’ve installed the necessary dependencies for you to have sound again in Citra. If that isn’t the case, please upload another log file.