Not so good performance

Low fps:
I’ve been experiencing low fps ever since I started playing the Ace Attorney games, I tried everything from cleaning and freeing up space for my game and setting it to High priority. Even updated my latest driver but nothing seems to work. I need help and I just want to play the game in 28~30 fps would still be do-able. Looking forward for some help, cheers!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: AND Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.00GHz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon ™ Vega 8 Graphicscitra_log.txt (27.8 KB)
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1413
  • Game: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1413 HEAD-9eba222
OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
OpenGL Version                                3.3.1
GPU Driver Version                            19.8.2 26.20.13001.40003
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [ ]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

So saying that I need to wait until AMD fixes the situation of their OpenGL then there’s no other alternatives?

I mean, have you tried Desmume? Or are you only trying the 3ds games of Phoenix Wright?

I’ve been playing the Pokemon Y and Alpha Sapphire games and have not noticed any lags in case of some areas, but the amount of consistent lag around Ace Attorny Spirit of Justice is just tolerable but not very playable. I’ve been playing the 3DS version and not the DS ones

Several Ace Attorney games benefited from the Ignore Format Reinterpretation hack last seen on Canary 1041, see if that build helps.

If not it’s probably a combination of low power laptop + AMD GPU(Radeon).

Thank you so much tywald. Is there a way to input the Ignore format reinterpretation in the new updated version? Or is it not possible? I cna make due with not getting to play it on the latest versions and probably gonna have two different builds of Citra. If you have a solution, I’ll gladly accept anything. Thank you :slight_smile:

It is most likely not coming back however there might be a proper solution to this problem down the road with: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/4902 but it’s only in a drafting stage right now.

Thank you so much tywald! It seems like I’ll have to wait until AMD optimizes the OpenGL system or citra updates with a new solution. Thank you so much for the responses and it really helped :slightly_smiling_face: