Nvidia 920m giving error with vulkan

I have a notebook with an Nvidia 920m card and its dreives are up to date, but every time I put it in vulkan mode, a kind of error appears. My card supports Vulkan

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by yuzu. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: Getting Log Files - yuzu

Update your cpu & nvidia gpu not just one / the other. Windows handles machines capable of integrated+dedicated gpu’s very poorly.

I use the booster driver, and according to it my cpu is in the latest version

Yeah don’t rely on driver manager type software. They’re about as useful as windows device manager. It is best to manually do these things.

Which part should I update? Chipsets?Bios ? I’m really lost

yuzu_log.txt (5.7 KB)
yuzu_log.txt.old.txt (5.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu Early Access 2696
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Unknown (?)
Graphics Renderer                            ?
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU Accuracy                                 Unsafe
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [ ]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Your graphics card is missing the required Vulkan extension (VK_KHR_timeline_semaphore). Please update your graphics driver.

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu Early Access 2696
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Unknown (?)
Graphics Renderer                            ?
GPU Driver Version                           ?
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [ ]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Your graphics card is missing the required Vulkan extension (VK_KHR_timeline_semaphore). Please update your graphics driver.

How do I install this “Vulkan extension” as told by the bot

Since your cpu predates the console by 2-3 years you can’t receive newer updates. You’ll have to try updating to whatever your laptop - oem driver provides & try updating your nvidia gpu. You’ll know it is working fine when you can select your nvidia gpu in the dropdown in config graphics like in picture example

The last driver available for your cpu seems to be one dated from a year or so ago Intel Core i75500U Processor 4M Cache up to 3.00 GHz Product Specifications . If you can’t install this directly due to oem laptop driver blocking you you’ll have to follow a tutorial to bypass it.

The Integrated Graphics Survival Guide (with a Guest from 32Megabytes) - YouTube “use iigd_dch.inf”

The board appears, but the error follows

But is this OEM drivers safe?

do you have the link? please

I’ve provided everything I know.

Well, it’s still very confused and I don’t know how to proceed. It’s really a shame, because I really like yuzu. thank you so much for trying

1 Like

Kepler GPUs have pretty mediocre Vulkan drivers, you should stick to OpenGL with that hardware.