Ocarina of Time black screen except for a few effects

Ocarina of Time is unplayable. Can’t see hardly anything.

I recently backed up my copy of Ocarina of Time to try and use on Citra. When I boot the game, there is no audio at all. The file select seems to display properly, but the into cutscene fails to load properly only displaying the moon and the dirt around eponas feet when she is running. Everything else is black. If I play a file select, the text displays but the cutscene in the backround does not display except for a few lighting effects. I have tried both canary and nightly as well as reinstalling them both, I tried updating my drivers, and running the program as administrator. (I cut the log because it was 52mb, once it gets to "HW.Memory " it just continues to spam them for eternity.)

Windows 10 64bit
I7-6850k
RTX 2070
Citra 1203
Ocarina of Time

citra_log_cut.txt (19.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Enable CPU JIT                                [x]
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  [ ]
LLE Audio Emulation Enabled                   [ ]
Use GDB Stub                                  [ ]
System Region                                 [x]
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce RTX 2070/PCIe/SSE2

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try changing ‘Region’ to ‘Auto-Select’ before launching the game. if that doesn’t work redump your ROM.
Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Installed Titles

Tried both Auto-Select and USA, neither changed anything. Just re-dumped my game as well, no difference.

Did you redump your game by following the guide i linked above?

1 Like

gonna echo what bio3c is saying. what did you do to dump your game? this is not a normal error, and everything else in the log seems fine… your settings are fine, your hardware should be fine, and your gpu drivers up to date too. i also just tested my copy of oot and it runs fine on citra as expected. that narrows it down pretty much to either something wrong with the universe, or you have a bad dump of the game.

Ok you got me, I didn’t follow your guide the first time… I used an alternate method I found on YouTube. This was my first time dumping and didn’t realize there were different methods? It works now. Thanks for the help! :slight_smile: