Omega Ruby massive fps drops when opening the bag

Issue:
So lately, while the game runs 99% of the time smoothly, I found out that whenever I open my bag, emulation speed drop to around 55%, but it gets really tough when trying to feed Pokeblocks to Pokemons, around 4-5%.
That might be related, since a recent update, whenever I close Citra I get the “Runtime Error” Popup.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 8.1 (64 bits)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3230M 2,60 GHz U3E1 (Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9)
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1236
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296citra_log.txt (69.3 KB)
citra_log.txt (117.8 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1236 HEAD-c1de8ac
OpenGL Vendor                                 Intel
OpenGL Renderer                               Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             [x]
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

I dont think they will fix that. Its been like this for quite some tme

In my case my omega ruby runs in high fps in beginning but when I enter the game it goes down to 10-20 fps.and while opening bags or link trade and battle it goes to more than 60 fps.but while playing its fps goes down.Anyone know why is this happening

@RazerXc Well it got much worse recently when opening the bag for me, so perhaps a fix aimed at another game/type of game had the unintended consequence for Omega Ruby. Perhaps it’s also related to the fact that because my game is quite advanced, I have a lot of items in my bag.

I have no idea however whether the pokeblocks issue is new or not, I did not try it before, perhaps I’ll do with an Alpha Sapphire save to see whether the issue repeats.

And I would not say they won’t fix it. Pokemon games are incredibly popular among emulators users and they are in my view a benchmark value in order to assess whether an emulator is worth downloading or not. I bet Citra’s user-base grew a lot when Pokemon games started working.

@legendking hard to say my friend. Without knowing more about your specific case. You may not have the same operating system (I’m assuming most people right now run Windows 10), CPU and so on… The only thing I can recommend you is to check whether your drivers are up to date and whether your pc is clean to optimize performance. The rest is beyond my understanding.

I’m more interested in finding out how you’re getting it to run at near 100% most of the time! You have about 15% more single core performance than me, but I regularly go down to 40-50% in Pokemon X. But maybe ORAS just runs better in general…?

I also see big dips in X when opening the bag, going into or out of buildings, but only for an instant, then things pretty much go back to normal.

@EmulatorDork123 Pokémon X and Y have indeed an “Okay” compatibility with Citra, while ORAS have a “Great” compatibility (though not a “Perfect” one just yet). That might be one of the causes.

I guess the dips you are talking about are normal, it’s like loading time. Then without more information about your PC I can’t tell much, but since my PC is about 5 years old, I’d guess that’s not a hardware problem.

1 Like