One of the Pokemon game crashes whenever trying to trade

Issue: One of the Pokemon game crashes whenever trying to trade

So this happens recently after an update to Citra. Whenever I try to send a trade request from Pokemon Sun to Pokemon Ultra Moon (or vice versa) within a single device, the sender’s game of the trade would freeze, and only restarting the game would make it work again. The other game that failed to receive the trade with end up back in Festival Plaza without crashing. Upon many restarts, I’m still unable to trade successfully. (It happens also when I send trade from the other game, and the sender of the trade crashes too). This issue has never happened to me since last week.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 8650U
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary #591
  • Game: Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue:

Game would freeze in this screen as shown above

Other game will return to Festival Plaza with no issues at all
(Happens vice versa)

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (952 Bytes)

If there’s any solution to this please let me know. Thanks!

1 Like

You have logging set to Critical. Please change it back to *:Info in Emulation - Configure - Debug and do the log again.

May I ask how can I do that? Also does changing this solves my issue?

It won’t solve it, we need the log to look into your issue in more detail.

Again, you have to change the *:Critical to *:Info in Emulation - Configure - Debug.

This is what the new log says now

citra_log.txt (2.8 MB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I have the exact same issue since the last 3 builds (on both nightly and canary). Everytime when I request a link trade, the sender’s game freezes.

Two days ago I didnt have the problem

1 Like

yes i’m having the same problem

please let me know if you find a solution, thank you

Me and my friend are having the save problem as well

Quite a similar scenario, game hangs for either case of battling or trade
Kindly post potential solutions if any

Me and my friend also do have the same problem where the person’s screen freezes of the one who invites another for a trade.

Apparently it’s been 5 days and nothing has been done to fix this issue yet.

have you tried citra nightly?

I also have this problem, i even tried nightly but nothing changes

Based on the comments here it also seem that they’re facing the same issue even when using the nightly build.

Many games present the same issue. what was the last citra build that worked for you?

Not exactly sure what the build number was last time, but I believe it was about 4 to 5 updates prior to the current build.

Exact same here. Tried using a bunch of different versions of both Nightly and Canary, but nothing changed.

it would be helpful to know what build exactly it worked before, if you find out which you can submit an issue asking for a rollback on that issue.