One of the Pokemon game crashes whenever trying to trade

Many games present the same issue. what was the last citra build that worked for you?

Not exactly sure what the build number was last time, but I believe it was about 4 to 5 updates prior to the current build.

Exact same here. Tried using a bunch of different versions of both Nightly and Canary, but nothing changed.

it would be helpful to know what build exactly it worked before, if you find out which you can submit an issue asking for a rollback on that issue.

I tried canary 589 and the problem persist

Same issue here. I’m absolutely sure it was working on Canary 587 before, but the problem started after auto-updating (to…603, I think). I completely uninstalled and tried 587 again, but it still didn’t work.

Could you try latest canary:

Worked for me. Thanks!

1 Like

Looking at the screenshots I’ve provided, the build before the one shown there is the build where it last worked for me.

could you try the latest:

Hello, I’m using two instances of Citra Canary #617, each installed separately, but during the trading process between Sun and Moon games, one game still freezes, while the other gets the standard “communication error has occurred.” Seems like the Pokemon from the crashing game (Sun in this case) is cloned to the other, while the pokemon from Moon is gone into the ether.

If there is any more information I can provide to help find a solution, please let me know. Happy to help in any way.

describe the issue step by step and share screenshots if it helps describing the problem, add hardware specs, citra versions and log for both citra instances.

Unfortunately the same issue still happens, even in the latest canary build (#619).
If you need the new log is here: citra_log.txt (2.6 MB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Unfortunately there was a network feature that was added from canary 585 to 605 but later removed as it needs more work. so network functionality right now is pretty much as 584.

Welp, Citra should have said something about it instead of letting the game freeze :confused:

Well, it logs what it tried and failed at, which is a crypt message to most people, visually you can see that your framerate is 0 on the status bar, because citra can’t draw to the screen after such errors.

So this problem is solved now or not?

Try it, but probably not. however you can just simply do this:

I don’t really care to have all the pokemon it’s just that the game freeze in festiplaza when i try to battle with friends, it’s the same if they try to invite me, the person who invite get a black screen and the other simply get back to festiplaza