One version of citra was super fast but now isnt

Issue:
i play animal crossing new leaf since last year. it was always slow like 40% but i didnt mind. then one day it uploaded and it got really fast like REALLY fast and it was awesome! but it uploaded again it got slow, then i stopped playing and played again and uploaded then stop playing, then played again and it uploaded like a thousand times and only just now i discovered i can dowlonad old versions of citra. I NEED that old version where it was really fast. but i have no ideia which one it is. can someone help me figure it out? i know it was a version before cheats were avaiable cause i dont remember the cheats thing being there.

System Information

• Operating System: windows 10
  • CPU: dont know where i can find this info??? sorry im a noob
  • GPU: ??
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): 1186
  • Game: animal crossing new leaf
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (31.2 KB)

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

okay so i found a tweet of mine of november 2nd were i said that i was happy that i was able to play it on full speed so it can only the be the upload of november 1 but i downloaded it and its not faster? can someone please help me?

Unless someone else has a similar setup and happens to know that a certain citra build has better performance on some particular game you will have to find for yourself, just bisect using a timeline between now and when you first played and go through older builds.

hey thanks for the answer but i found out what version it is (the one released on november 2nd) and i downloaded it but it wasnt any faster, it was actually kinda slower :frowning: now i have no idea what to do

it really depends on your config also, about that time there was a feature that improved performance substantially, lastly on canary-1041 if you had to play with ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ disabled (usually necessary on AMD gpus on some games and on intel gpus for most games).

just to reiterate, you have to try different settings, its best to upload your log and fill the system information template to check if this is an issue with citra.

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

i dont thing the problem is my notebook cause if it played fast once it means it can play fast, right? so why would it not?
i think the problem is citra but i dont have the knowledge on this kinda of stuff
also thanks for helping me!!

there’s nothing wrong with it it’s just fucking slow

Okay. Here’s where you can find your CPU and GPU

CPU: Go to This PC and then right click an empty space and press Properties. Look at Processor and that’s your CPU.

GPU: search dxdiag on your search bar on your computer then go to Render and look at the name. That’s your GPU.

2 Likes

i dont think knowing that will help because i know for a freaking fact that my notebook can handle citra, like i had to select the limit percentage cause it was so fast. i just wanna know how to get that back :frowning:

Try nightly-860 and make sure that both ‘Enable Hardware Shader’ and ‘Enable CPU JIT’ are enabled. also your GPU driver is outdated…