OpenGl 3.3 error on a gt 1030

Issue:
Your gpu doesn’t support OpenGl 3.3, I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and it says it comes with OpenGl 4.3 yet the emulator still gives me the error

System Information

• Operating System: windows 7
  • CPU: Intel core i3-2130
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): citra nightly #962
  • Game: Tomodachi life
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Its possible you using the i3 2130 internal gpu instead of your graphic card ,

you should upload your diagnostic logs .

citra_log.txt (5.6 KB)

I found some issues in that log that need resolving:

• You are running default Windows drivers for your GPU. You need to install the proper drivers for your graphics card from the manufacturer’s website.

I did that, I went to Nvidia’s website and downloaded the latest drivers

uninstall you drives using ddu and try to install again

install it, run citra and upload your log again if the issue persists.

that may be only useful if installing the drivers fails or doesn’t work properly.

I uploaded my log from after installing the new drivers

Ordinarily just installing the drivers normally should work, don’t forget to restart. you can try @Sora’s method then (at your own risk).

Someone said it might be using my CPU and not my gpu how would I know which it’s using?

You have connected your monitor to your graphics card’s HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort and not the motherboard’s right? Does the GT 1030 show up under display adapters in Device Manager?

Yeah, I’ve had this pc for some time and if my display wasn’t plugged into my card I wouldn’t really be able to play anything, so I know that’s not the problem, even when I run directX diagnostic tool it shows Nvidia GeForce GT 1030. It’s actually getting quite late for me I’m in Arizona so it’s like 12pm so I’ll continue chasing the problem tomorrow