OpenGL Yuzu EA 518 - Pokemon Sword

I have just started running the EA build for multi-core rendering.

When using OpenGL the characters all seem to have AA issues on their eyes and blurring around the scene.

Vulkan runs fine but the performance is not as good as OpenGL.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - AMD RX 5700XT
RAM - 16GB 3000MHz

1 Like

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt (630.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 518 HEAD-e72f30336
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor              
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
GPU Driver Version                            20.2.2 26.20.15019.19000
Docked Mode                                   [x]
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.

I only get 16fps at the starting area outdoors using OpenGL with multicore enabled.

Vulkan gets around 24 but I’ve been lead to believe it should be the other way around.

ive the same problem while using opengl. some say its a amd bug or something and in vulkan the game runs smoothly bt crashes all the time

Ah well at least I am not alone, I will just see how I get on with Vulkan as I haven’t really tested it. Supposedly a memory leak at fault with Vulkan. Have you tested any settings that optimize it any further?

It just crashed after sending this lol. When I was running down to the train station.

Update to the latest 20.4.2 driver and use vulkan.

I’ve done that now, it got a tiny bit further but crashed. Isn’t it due to Yuzu not being able to clear unused textures/assets on Vulkan just yet?

Suppose I will have to wait still.

Yep, that’s still our main limitation.

yeah amd is not good for yuzu at least for now.