OpenGL3.3 Error

Issue:
The error “Your GPU may not support OpenGL 3.3, or you do not have the latest graphics driver” shows up when I try to play Pokemon X on my Mac, while I believe that my graphic card supports up to GL4.1 and I have updated my software to the latest version.

System Information

• Operating System: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
  • CPU: Intel Core i5 1.8 GHz
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1180
  • Game: Pokemon X
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (14.7 KB)

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

This is a known issue, you can try the citra builds mentioned here. you may have to update your OS to the latest version available.

How can I try the build?

You can find canary and nightly builds here and here

Which version of nightly am I supposed to use? The ones in the forum you mentioned doesn’t seem to support Pokemon X…

This issue has been affecting Macs under High Sierra for almost 2 months now… From what I gathered from the Discord server the Qt library got updated and completely broke compatibility with older MacOS versions.

So…is there no solution currently? (My MacOS is the most updated version and this still happens)

You can try running Citra through your terminal in the meantime, depending on the builds you installed
cd /Application/Citra/[nightly or canary]/citra
/Application/Citra/[nightly or canary]/citra [ROM location/ROM name.3ds]

Prefs can be changed in SDL2-config.ini usually located in ~/.config/Citra-emu

theres only one currently active dev that uses mac and they have been afk dealing with real life stuff. not much anyone else can do about it unless they have a mac to test it.