OpenGL3.3 Issue

Been playing my Pokemon Omega Ruby smoothly for a few weeks now, up until I went to boot it up last night and it hit me out of nowhere with the “Your GPU might not support OpenGL 3.3” error, which I know is untrue, and all my driver’s are 100% without a doubt up to date, from Nvidia. Done some searching around on the forums but I haven’t found any real answers, just dead threads that never got resolved. I’ll upload logs and screenshots later today, but just wondering if anyone knows something about this.

System Information

• Operating System: Win 10 x64
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1708

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Are you sure your display is plugged into your graphics card, And not your Motherboard?

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H is a laptop apu so @Extra_Dip has to select the nvidia gpu

Ah yea, correct. I glossed over the CPU it seems.

@Extra_Dip You should right click on your desktop and open up Nvidia Control Panel. Then go to Manage 3D settings an select program settings. Find or add Citra to the list, select it and make sure the prefered GPU is set to your NVIDIA GPU.

Whilst there, look at the bottom left of the NVIDIA Control Panel window and select System Information. Let us know what driver version it says you’re on.

Alright gents, sorry for the wait, here is the log files and a few screen shots to show you what I’m working with here. So I’ve actually run into issues before with the Nvidia GPU not being the preferred GPU, so I actually already have my global settings set to have the Nvidia GPU as the preferred GPU, and I even went to the programs list and made sure Citra was using it as well, and it is, so I think the issue is elsewhere. I’ll have to make a double post here, as I can only have 3 attachments.
citra_log.txt (5.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1708 HEAD-e7671d9
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics          | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I’ve just discovered that this may actually be a driver conflict caused by my most recent update judging by the massive degrade in performance I’m experiencing in my other programs, I’ve also had this issue before.

OKAY problem solved. So I think this may be pretty specific to my Asus TUF A15, but if windows update gets ahold of it, it somehow messes with both the AMD chipset drivers and the Nvidia GPU drivers. I disabled windows update, and did a clean install of both, from AMD and Nvidia’s websites respectively. Citra runs perfect now.