Opening Citra on Mac causes terminal to open

I have MacOS 10.13
I’ve tried older builds
and all that happends when I try to open citra is the terminal page opening.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

What is terminal error message?

acOS/citra-qt-bin ; exit;

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZdlPvSt11align_val_t

Referenced from: /Applications/Citra/canary/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin (which was built for Mac OS X 10.13)

Expected in: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

in /Applications/Citra/canary/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin

Trace/BPT trap: 5

logout

[Process completed]

It is recommended that you update your system:

if the above is not possible try this bellow, however older builds are unsupported.

1 Like

I have updated my system to 10.4 as well as try the older build however a terminal still pops up with a different message that says

Last login: Tue Jan 8 10:19:35 on ttys000

/Applications/citra-osx-20180919-b2367f9/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin ; exit;

andreas-MacBook-Air:~ matias$ /Applications/citra-osx-20180919-b2367f9/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/citra-qt-bin ; exit;

dyld: Symbol not found: __os_log_default

Referenced from: /Applications/citra-osx-20180919-b2367f9/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

in /Applications/citra-osx-20180919-b2367f9/citra-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/…/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

Trace/BPT trap: 5

logout

[Process completed]

Do this and upload a screenshot of your ‘Overview’ tab.

also take a screenshot of that first screenshot on that link.

Screenshot%20at%20Jan%2008%2014-12-21

that is very much outdated, you need at least iirc 10.13 High Sierra, but its recommended that you install the latest mac available. your mac computer supports the latest available currently.

Thank you so much! after a couple of days of getting Citra to work you managed to help me very much appreciated :slight_smile: