ORAS crash fighting trainers

The game runs decently well with this build of Citra but there are certain trainers at which it crashes and I simply can not fight them. I have looked into this topic raised in the past and there don’t seem to be any proper fixes to it. Unticking the hardware render option allows me to fight these trainers but it takes like 45 minutes for what should have been a 60 second fight because of how much it lags when I do that.

I’ve heard people saying to switch over to the Nightly build but that restarts my whole game if I try to do that.

Anyone got any idea as to what can be done? I’ve provided all the requested details below.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M330
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Head - 5bc6545
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:

That’s not a official build. The screenshots also confirm that, since the titlebar would say if it’s Nightly or Canary.

Yes because the official build starts a new game for some reason despite using the same save file. Well at least the Nightly does.

That’s because you are using a user folder in the unofficial one. Copy the contents of the user folder into C:/Users/your username/AppData/Roaming/citra.

Users should have migrated their save files a while back.

Thanks for your replies @GDhex12 and @Leo121. I tried moving the user folder into the location which Hexagon suggested and all that went along fine but its still trying to start a new game when I open up the Nightly version of Citra. And now at the top of the tab it is called Nightly l Head .

I’ll post screenshots of my citra folder below if it helps make things any clearer.

^ This screen shot is inside the Citra folder after I moved the User folder.

^This is what the inside of the user folder looks like.

Did I miss something or paste the User folder in the wrong location?

You need to copy the contents of the user folder in the Citra folder.