ORAS speed fluctuation in menus

I’m trying to get my computer to run Pokemon Omega Ruby at the smoothest most consistent speed possible. Or at the very least, I want to be able to skip through Pokemon Contests by using a faster emulation speed. But I’m having a significant drop in speed every time I go to a Pokemon’s summary page, which is important for what I need to do.

At first I thought my issue was related to the game rendering 3D models of Pokemon and their idle animations. But after going to a Pokemon’s summary page, I found that is not the case. I’ve linked a YouTube recording of my problem instead of a screenshot, and I’ve described the issue and what I’ve found out so far below.

On the first summary tab, my speed drops from 100 (when not recording) to about 70. But then when I move to the contest summary tab to the right, my speed drops to at least 20. Then, moving to the final summary tab, my speed is back to 100.

What’s strange is that when I was recording with OBS, the speed of my base game dropped to 70-80, but then jumped back to 100 when I was on that final summary page.

Does anyone know what causes this issue? Is there any known fix for it?

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20 GHz (4 CPUs)
  • GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Canary 1756
  • Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby ver 1.4
  • https://youtu.be/FKHrmAm8Glc

Note: This log is not from the video I recorded. I tested the issue again while not recording.
citra_log.txt (92.5 KB)

Update: After reading CitraBot’s reply, enabling Accurate Multiplication and disabling cheats did not change the issue.

Update 2: Just tested again on Citra for Android. Similar results, only this time the third tab was slower than the base game.Unable to include a log because the forum limits me to one link, but the game was running on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 at 4x native resolution.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1756 HEAD-e185ce8
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.1
Graphics Renderer                             AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
GPU Driver Version                            20.2.2 26.20.15019.19000
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

CPU                                                   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
  • You have cheats enabled. This might cause weird behaviour or crashes. Please disable them and retest if your game is experiencing bugs or crashes.

A mi igual me pasa :frowning:

Since you have Radeon you can try dual boot Linux(e.g Ubuntu) to get more performance out of your card. The other way is to swap to Nvidia

Some Radeon GPUs don’t like the vsync option in Citra, turn it off, it is in the Advanced graphics options.

I think Linux is a little beyond my scope. Turning off Vsync didn’t help, but this game runs almost perfectly on my dad’s computer, so either using his PC or getting an Nvidia card for mine would definitely help it. Thanks!

Nah it’s pretty easy nowadays, here is an example: