Out of Memory for macOS

Issue:

Interesting issues. I tested:

Legend of Zelda, The - A Link Between Worlds (Europe)
New Super Mario Bros 2 (Europe)
Super Mario 3D Land (Europe).

They are not out of Memory at all after 10 minutes. No crashes. I leave them running ingame untouched.

Only out of Memory that I retested is:

Kid Icarus- Uprising
Mighty GunVolt Burst.

Does that mean they are incomplete games that might caused out of Memory ? Why three games above didn’t getting out of Memory and no crashes.

System Information

• Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
  • GPU: Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citr Bleeding Edge b5ed02dc
  • Game: Look above for the list.
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): None.

Log:

Paste your entire console window log here.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

This is a known issue. Mac OS has a issue that Citra fills up the virtual memory really fast.

There’s nothing you can do right now (unless you know programming and can help out), just wait until this gets fixed.

Why only those games give out the error is because they probably fill up the log faster than others.

I decide to leave New Super Mario Bros 2 (EUROPE) right now ingame running untouched longer and it is about 30 minutes now and will give it other 10 minutes or 15 minutes more and still not out of memory and no crashes. It is still running ok.

EDIT: Other 15 minutes total of about 45 minutes, I think. Still running okay.

EDIT 2: One hour and 10 minutes and still running ok.

Now it is over 1 hour and 30 minutes. Still running okay!

You didn’t need to do a test, because the issue is clear and known.

The issue is that Citra writes a lot of lines to the log and the virtual memory usage is going up at the same time.

For instance, New Super Mario Bros. 2 will probably not break anything, because it doesn’t write any log lines while idle.

1 Like

Okay… Just want to help out. Hope they found the problem and resolve the issues in the new future. Got it. Thanks.

This issue has nothing to do with logging. In fact, you can write your logs out to disk and see that they never get bigger than 10MB, which means theres no way the logs are filling up 10GB of memory

The issue is something to do with textures and mac drivers not releasing the textures when they should. Anything more than this at this point is just speculation.

1 Like