Passing Around a Save State

Issue: I am playing fire emblem fates with a friend, and we are doing this thing where we play a chapter at a time. I have a save state from him but I cannot figure out how to open it. We are using the same rom which is decrypted. I go to open this rom (which was actually different than the one I originally had before doing the playthrough) When I go to open it a message says before using this cia you must install it. I do, but nothing seems to change. I also usually open my games under the canary-mingw setting. I’ve tried opening under nightly as well but nothing. I just want to open this save file and I’m getting frustrated.
Enter a description of your issue here, in full detail.

System Information

• Operating System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
  • GPU: Radeon RX 580 series
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Not sue about the citra version, it was last updated on 10/3
  • Game: Fire emblem fates
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
https://community.citra-emu.org/t/how-to-upload-the-log-file/296

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Use your own rom from which you dumped from your own copy of the game. It is illegal to use someone else’s rom (piracy). Save states are stored in the states folder, you can access with File -> Open Citra Folder. Close Citra before putting the files there.

It’s better to use normal saves (saves that you save in-game) as they are compatible everywhere unlike save states. Save states can cause issues so don’t rely on them. You can tell him to save normally then right click on the game in Citra (tell him to add a game folder if he hasn’t already) Open Save Data Location then zip the files and then send that zip to you. Extract the files in the same location but on your computer.