Persona Q and the Citra.exe2

Issue:
Ok, so I need help to understand what’s going on: months ago I had played Persona Q on this laptop and played for 138hours, I almost finished the new game +, but I had to stop due to some reasons. Now, months later, I could finally resume my play, so I downloaded the most recent version of Citra, and tried to play, but randomly the error “citra.exe stopped working” occur, closing the emulator, OR, it simply closes
I don’t understand how this is possible because, is the same laptop and 138hours of play is a LOT of time, that is enough proof that my laptop can make the game works properly, so I want to know please, what to do.
Is something about the updates?
Please, help!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10
  • CPU: Intel ® Core ™ i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly 1659
  • Game: Persona Q
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): Sorry couldn’t take the screenshot because in that case, it simply closes out of nowhere

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (14.0 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1659 HEAD-3f13e1c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 3.3.0
Graphics Renderer                             Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
GPU Driver Version                            10.18.10.5146
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

Since you have an old iGPU (Intel HD 4000) which can randomly crash due to a driver bug use Nightly 1392 until you upgrade your computer: https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1392

I see, I update the drivers, but still crashes, I will gonna try this Nightly 1392 now and see if works, thanks for the answer!

Using Citra 1392 worked fine, thanks!!

1 Like