Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth sudden freeze/crash during In-game & Cutscene Citra Version (bed6a4f12)

Issue:

The issues that I encountered are:

• There is a sudden freeze/crash/bug when I’m in-game battle with the enemies or during the cut scene part. (For me the most frequent crash is during the interaction between the characters).

Image example:

• But this is not a typical freeze/crash where it stops completely because it seems the upper screen is still visibly moving but just stuck at a certain point like: After the dialogue of the characters it stops to proceed the next line (but in the log of the dialogues of the character it is there in the lower part/touch screen part)

• It seems that I could still interact with the map in the touch screen part of the emulator. The buttons can still function (only to the lower part which is the touch screen part).

• The game freeze/crash but the audio is still playing in the background.

• The audio is choppy and the FPS drops at less than 10. But sometimes it reach at 30 FPS in some scenarios.

• I don’t encountered any graphical issues when playing this game. No missing texture or shaders are showing in the Citra Android version bed6a4f12

I have encountered for atleast 2 to 4 freeze/crash but there is something odd that I just noticed. After having to encounter the issue there is some cases that I don’t experience it. Like I could play longer for 4 to 6 hours (unless I closed the emulator)

My settings are in default but I enabled the Accurate Multiplication which it works sometimes and I Stretch the audio so that it doesn’t stutter severely.

System Information

• Device Name: OPPO A15s

• Operating System: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2

• CPU: Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)

• GPU: PowerVR GE8320

• Citra Version (found in title bar): bed6a4f12

• Game: Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth (2018)

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (11.7 KB)

citra_log.txt.old.txt (21.0 KB)

Here is the second Diagnostic test I encountered during the boss fight.

citra_log.txt (2.7 KB)

citra_log.txt.old.txt (25.7 KB)

I didn’t have this kind of issue before. It seems during the boss fight when I attacked it, the audio stutters until the emulator forced stop on its own.

I was expecting a freeze/crash like the usual issue that I encountered before. But this time the emulator closed and it sent me back to the menu of Citra.

3rd Diagnostic log:

citra_log.txt (11.4 KB)

citra_log.txt.old.txt (17.1 KB)

Date encountered: November 7, 2021

Description:

I encountered the usual issue like the most frequent freeze/crash in Citra Android (bed6a4f12)