Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney Trilogy compatibility (Sound input support)

Issue:
Unable to proceed due to the lack of sound input (microphone) support.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 7
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3840QM
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly #766
  • Game: Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • Screenshot of Issue: https://imgur.com/a/Pxqqz5P

I tried reporting game compatibility to the Game Compatibility List since Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney Trilogy was not on the list yet. I’m not sure what the Help > Report Compatibility function is supposed to do, but even through GitHub I couldn’t get any further so I’m reporting it here. Anyway, the issue in this game stems solely from the lack of support for sound input through the use of microphone or some other way. I checked the TODO list even though it’s deemed obsolete, but I didn’t see anything about mic support while it’s quite important for quite some games. Maybe it’s something someone who’s interested in could work on as I can imagine you who work on Citra might not be very aware of this issue.

Anyway, aside from this issue I can report that Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney Trilogy (aside from some minor speed issues which don’t really matter in this kind of game) works fine with Citra on my system up to that point in the game.

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

Yep this is unimplemented, currently.

Yep, we don’t accept testcases through GitHub anymore, only new game metadata entries. Not sure why Citra’s integration for testcase submission isn’t working for you.

Yeah, I noticed. No problem. Sometime someone will probably pick it up eventually. Sorry I’m not skilled to do it myself :smile:

Well again I’m not sure what the Help > Report Compatibility function is supposed to do, but if it’s supposed to expand the Game Compatibility List automatically through that function, then maybe that’s a bigger issue if it’s not just me doing it wrong. I also tried it with the Canary build by the way.

I am having the same problem that the original poster mentioned. Do you know if there are currently plans to implement microphone support for Citra, or if there is a relatively simple workaround that I could use? I have no useful experience in coding or modding. Thank you.

Currently, with Citra, the problem can’t be worked around. You’ll have to use a real 3DS for that part.

OOOOOOOOR