Phoenix Wright Crashes 5 seconds in

Issue :
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies won’t start up, because every time I start it up it waits 5 seconds then closes the Window. The rating for the game is Okay so I expect bugs but not it being unplayable.

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1608
  • Game: Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): (This is right before it crashes)

Diagnostic Log
Upload your log file as an attachment by dragging & dropping.
citra_log.txt (9.3 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

citra_log.txt (9.3 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Nightly 1608 HEAD-a5fd11c
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                                  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [ ]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

You’ve already been told this twice now, but with your iGPU, you need to be using an older Citra version to prevent random freezes and crashing from occuring. Your iGPU has driver bugs that are known to cause these issues from nightly 1393 onwards. So you’ll need to use Nightly 1392 until you upgrade your hardware:
Download citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z from https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/tag/nightly-1392
Extract it using Winrar or 7zip. Put the extracted folder anywhere you want. Now run citra-qt.exe from the folder and run your game.

I am sorry for posting this twice, in the future what do I do when i post an issue and nobody responds?

We didn’t respond to your post because we already provided the solution to your problem in a different topic you created. Twice even,
Here: Tomodachi Life: Mii voices cut short/graphic errors
and: Tomodachi Life no longer works
If you had actually followed all the instructions tywald gave there, your previous ‘‘unresponded’’ topic would have already been fixed.

Oh, I am sorry for the inconvenience. It just wasn’t working so I made another post. I didn’t think they would be related problems.

In the future, if there hasn’t been a response in a week for your specific topic, you can bump your own topic by responding to it. That will push your topic up so that we can see it in case we missed it. Though that doesn’t mean we’ll automatically have the time to answer. You’ll need to be patient. We’ll help you in turn.

1 Like

I know this may sound like a dumb question, but I am dumb so it suits me.

How do I download the thing from here? Sorry… I am not really used to this.

I told you to download a specific file earlier:

Click on the citra-windows-mingw-20191214-ddb7ead.7z word coloured in blue. It should start the download of that file. Then follow the rest of the steps I gave you.