Photo booth black screen Pokemon Ultra Moon for MAC

Issue: Similar to the windows problem, at the photo booth interchange in the game, the screen goes entirely black running at 100 percent speed at 0 FPS along with the music playing in the background. Although there is an easy way to fix this on windows, I cannot figure out a way to do this on a mac, as the save file for the game is in a .js (javascript) file and cannot be altered so easily to overcome the scene.
System Information

• Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12
  • CPU: 2.9GHz Intel i5
  • GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Nightly | HEAD-422c7b2
  • Game: Pokemon Ultra Moon
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

Log:
[ 26.385765] Service.NWM core/hle/service/nwm/nwm_uds.cpp:DestroyNetwork:879: called

[ 26.385990] Service core/hle/service/service.cpp:HandleSyncRequest:97: unknown / unimplemented function ‘SetProbeResponseParam’: port=nwm::UDS, cmd_buff[1]=0x321F00, cmd_buff[2]=0x20000

[ 26.404991] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/ldr_ro.cpp:UnloadCRO:501: Unloading CRO “FieldRo”

[ 26.474240] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:ApplyStaticAnonymousSymbolToCRS:533: CRO “FinderStudioCapture” exports 0 static anonymous symbols

[ 26.475958] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:ApplyModuleExport:959: CRO “FinderStudioCapture” exports 0 indexed symbols to “|static|”

[ 26.475976] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:ApplyModuleExport:976: CRO “FinderStudioCapture” exports 1 anonymous symbols to “|static|”

[ 26.476246] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/ldr_ro.cpp:LoadCRO:445: CRO “FinderStudioCapture” loaded at 0x006DD000, fixed_end=0x00704000

[ 26.478322] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:ApplyStaticAnonymousSymbolToCRS:533: CRO “Object” exports 0 static anonymous symbols

[ 26.479977] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/ldr_ro.cpp:LoadCRO:445: CRO “Object” loaded at 0x00708000, fixed_end=0x00723000

[ 26.481328] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:ApplyStaticAnonymousSymbolToCRS:533: CRO “FinderStudioViewer” exports 0 static anonymous symbols

[ 26.482492] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:operator():844: CRO “FinderStudioViewer” imports 0 indexed symbols from “Object”

[ 26.482555] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:operator():862: CRO “FinderStudioViewer” imports 32 anonymous symbols from “Object”

[ 26.482638] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:ApplyModuleExport:959: CRO “FinderStudioViewer” exports 0 indexed symbols to “FinderStudioCapture”

[ 26.482650] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/cro_helper.cpp:ApplyModuleExport:976: CRO “FinderStudioViewer” exports 63 anonymous symbols to “FinderStudioCapture”

[ 26.483384] Service.LDR core/hle/service/ldr_ro/ldr_ro.cpp:LoadCRO:445: CRO “FinderStudioViewer” loaded at 0x00726000, fixed_end=0x0073E000

In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide: How to Upload the Log File

I need help. pokemon sun. bug photoclub

The save file for a 3DS game would be the same across all platforms Citra runs on. The only thing that changes is that PKHex (What you’d be using for editing the save file.) would have to be ran with Wine. As a note, although we can help you import or export save files with Citra, we can’t really help you with editing the save file with PKHex, for that you’ll have to go to a different forum like GBATemp.

If the save file is the same for all platforms could you please assist me in finding the file on my Mac OS somehow; I probably have the wrong file. That would be very much appreciated, and yes I have a separate parallels desktop where I can use PKHex and I can manage from there.

Right click on the game in Citra’s game list (that appears when you start Citra), and select Open Save Data Location.

When I start citra I don’t get a game list, it just opens up with the nightly build and console. Nothing else. I have to go to the top right corner and click load file and find the file. I have provided a screenshot of what opens when I load citra

Is there a particular build of Citra on MAC that will open that game list upon opening the emulator, can I please get a link for that build, thanks.

It’s not a particular build. Just click File - Select Game Directory and select the folder that contains all of your dumped ROMs.

1 Like

can you explain to me what file you are talking about?

The “file” tab at the top of Citra

sorry, what i meant was folder

The folder that contains all your dumped ROMs

sorry, but I still don’t understand what is meant by dumped ROMS?

The folder with the games in it

so it would be this one?

oh i see what u mean. thanks for the instruction

Now that I got the file, what should I do next? PKHex doesn’t seem to work on Mac and I’m not really sure what Wine is.

Blockquote

This is wine, although this is getting out of the scope of Citra.

So I did all of these. I got PKheX and did as they said in this tutorial video:

But, this appeared on my screen after I tried to run the game and I couldn’t play anymore

Does anyone know what this means and how to fix this for me. Thanks.

Hexagon cheers lad for the help

Hi vungbinvd! did you make a back up of your old save data? It seems like you did something wrong and, pretty much what the message in japanese says is: “An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again.” If you did not make a back up of the old save data, that is alright, use the save data provided by PkHex, and modify that save file as per your old settings from what you can remember, that should then work. I used this video to help me out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nke0A086MA&t=422s (assuming you have 2 data save files). Basically what you just need to do is open the save data provided by PkHex and modify from there. Hope this helps.