Hi everyone, A lot of time I see peoples who is getting problens with Pokémon trades, or need to get X Pokémon but don’t know the way for this, I’m doing this little guide to help this people, let’s go!
This post is not complete, but for now teach you to create one legal Pokémon, I’ll update this after!
Please ignore any english error, I’ll review after too.
- First of all, you will need to know where is you Pokémon save game, you can get this doing this:
Right click over one game in citra and click in “Open Save Data Location”, and look the number in explorer bar like this:
In that case is 0011c500
But this is all the number and respective games, I think It’s all (thx to 3dsdb)
- Pokémon X: 00055D00
- Pokémon Y: 00055E00
- Pokémon Omega Ruby: 0011C400
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: 0011C500
- Pokémon Sun: 00164800
- Pokémon Moon: 00175E00
- Pokémon Ultra Sun :001B5000
- Pokémon Ultra Moon:001B5100
- Ok, you know the number of you game, and I think you have PKHex now, if not just download it here.
Right, Open you PKHex, and this is your interface:
And you will need open your save file, from any Pokémon game
Note: Look, when I tell “any Pokémon game”, is literally any game from “main” rpg, from GB, GBC, GBA, NDS and 3DS games, Pokémon Red until Ultra Moon, you only need to open the save file of the game.
- The local this saves (3DS games runned in Citra) will stay, probaly is:
- “C:\Users\ YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\000[…]000\000[…]000\title\00040000”
- Look the directory, and the file you need to find is a “main”
- And now, you have the file loaded, I think so easy to use the program, but I will explain all I know about it (IDK all the features, and how to use all PKHex, but I have a consider knowledge about it)
- 0- Here you can see the save loaded, and version of PKHex
- 1- Here are the Pokémon editor, for edit informations from any Pokémon to you put in the save
- 2- Here is where your Pokémons are, by boxes, party, breeding etc and the “SAV” I will go for this one time
- 3- This tab will be diferent by the game save of the game you have loaded, maybe not be the same of Ultra Sun and Moon like mine.
- 4- Misc to Load, save, and little things
- 5- Editing Pokémon Status, the Pokémon and if it is Legal or Ilegal
OK, I show you all this things, and I have to tell one thing before continue, when you edit a Pokémon, this will be, maybe, a ilegal Pokémon, but wait, that’s not the end of the world, pay atention, you CAN have a ilegal Pokémon, like one Pikachu that know “Surf”, one Pokémon that can’t be match in the capture local, with a ball this can’t be still inside, one mega evolution out of the battle, one ilegal shiny, but you need to know you will CAN’T USE ONE ILEGAL POKÉMON ON ONLINE BATTLES OR FOR TRADE, now you know this, we can proced.
- Now, you can just edit this “Zeraora” or any Pokémon your PKHex is showing for you, or pick one Pokémon to be a base, for this just did this:
Right click over one Pokémon and click “View”
- This is the tab we will work for edit Pokémons:
- 1- Is for edit stats from when you have meet the Pokémon, local, lv, Pokéball and etc
- 2- It’s others information from the Pokémon, what is the Pokémon, nickname, if is shiny, and other
- 3- This is a tab for Stats, attack, defense, speed, etc
- 4- Here is where you edit the moves of Pokémon, Surf, Cut, Pound, etc
- 5- Other misc information of the Pokémon
Ok, from this guide I will make a Zoroark, only because I want lol
- And look, if I click over the Red triangle, the Pokémon is ilegal, now, our work is make this a legal Pokémon!
- Ok I will start from “Met”, cuz I think it’s better
- Origin game: The game where the Pokémon comes
- Met Location: The local where you’ve match a battle, and catch this Pokémon
- Ball: Tha ball that you used to capture the Pokémon
- Met level: The level of the Pokémon when you catch him
- Met Date: The date when you catch the Pokémon
- Fateful Encounter: I think it’s for events Pokémon
- As Egg: If it’s a Pokémon came from a Egg, by breeding or a gift from NPC, Event Pokémon inside Egg
- Egg Met Condition
- Location: The local you received the Egg
- Date: The date you received the Egg
- Before all, I have a “Joker card” for you use if the Pokémon can be Breeded
- Important you set the Pokémon to be “As Egg”, set meet level for “1”, and you can check if it’s legal by clicking in the red triangle.
- Again with our ilegal Zoroark, if you don’t want a Breeding Pokémon, you are hardcore, you want a encounter Pokémon, you are one of mines! YEAH! lmao
All the information you want you can pick from sites like Bulbapedia, or the site I most like, Serebii
- Here you can see, Zoroark can be catch in Poni Grove, and if you click in details you can see him catch details like level
- But I don’t want one simply Zoroark, no no, I have a long adventure with him (Of course of course)! I’ve catch a Zorua and evolved in a Zoroark!
- By this, I’ll look Zorua location, and a Zorua can be catch in Route 1, specifity in Trainer School with lv 5-8! Ok, now we put this in PKHex
- The Pokémon can be catch in Ultra Moon, check
- Local is correctly, check
- The ball is correctly, check
- Met level is ok, check
All right, check if it’s all ok by clicking in red triagle in the side of Pokémon
- And for now we only need to edit the moves to be a legal Pokémon!
But, we go to edit a things before end this
- The Star by the side of “PID” make a shiny Pokémon
- PID: is the ID of Pokémon, you can re-roll if you want
- To change the gender of Pokémon, click in the Gender Icon on the side of Pokémon PID
- Species is the Pokémon that you want, we have choosed before, the Zoroark
- Nickname is for you give literally a Nickname for Pokémon if you want
- EXP: is all exp the Pokémon have in all his life, but, I think is better you edit in “Level” on right, for any level you want to make the Pokémon
- Nature you edit for any you want
- Held Item, you will give to Pokémon a item
- Friendship is how much happy with you the Pokémon is
- Ability IDK how to use, sorry
- Language: is the language from original country the Pokémon have been catch
- Is Egg if the Pokémon is a Egg, Infected if this have Pokérus, Cured if the Pokérus time have been expired
- Country is the local of the 3ds/game is configurated
- Sub Region is if you want to set it, It’s not necessary
- 3DS Region: is the region of 3DS
- Ok I want a Shiny Zoroark, check
- Female, check
- Nickname if her is Black Fox, check
- Level is the same of normal, check
- Nature is Gentle, check
- Held Item is one Darkinium Z, Check
- Friendship, how we have a long adventure, obviously is 255 (The max)
- Ability, just in case, keep with Illusion (2)
- Lenguage keep
- Her is infected and cured by Pokérus
- And all the rest keep
All right, finished this, go to Stats.
Ok here is the Stats of Pokémon, Self explanatory, but I will put not abbreviation of words
- HP: Health Points
- Atk: Attack
- Def: Defese
- SpA: Special Attack
- SpD: Special Defese
- Spe: Speed
You can set IV to max 31 in one Stat, and EVs to max 252 in one Stat, and max 510 in sum of all EVs
You can randomize IVs and EVs just clicking in “Randomize” buttons
(The Contest Stats, is for Contest “battles”, ORAS games)
- Ok, I want 31 IVs in all, and 252 EVs at Attack and Special Attack, and more 6 EV in Speed, check
Time to edit the moves!
- When have moves that the Pokémon can’t be able to use, and have this red triangles, just click inside the white retangle, not in any moves, and not outside the retangle, just inside, like my cursor
- Accept the Moves suggested
- If have Relearn Moves, do the same what you did before with Current Moves
- And now you have a Legal Pokémon!
To save the Pokémon in a Slot, just right click over one empty slot, or over one Pokémon (This will subistitute the Pokémon) and click “Set”
Or, drag and drop the Pokémon, like this:
- And for save the game did this:
- And save the file over your “main” file
- For today It’s all, I’ll update this post after, but with this, you can make a legal Pokémon, the Major tip is, read the messages in red triangle, and search about this, if is telling the moves are wrong, you need to edit moves, the ball, the game origin, and other X things, PKHex is not a hydra, if you read what the program are wanting, and search about information of the Pokémon you are editing, you will able to edit and create any Pokémon in PKHex!