Please help with settings - very slow on i7-7820HK and GTX 1080

I keep reading others with graphics cards and systems much less powerful than mine, who are getting 60FPS on most games, while I can barely play them. Am I missing anything? Thank you in advance, sorry for all the noob questions, I have tried to research for solutions on my own but I keep hitting a brick wall.

I have gone through several tutorials for settings (system and yuzu) and I am a Patreon supporter so I have the newest releases. My specs are:

Alienware R17 Laptop - i7-7820HK - GTX 1080 - 32 gigs of RAM - WD Black SN750 NVMe

BOTW and I get 20 FPS tops, usually 12-15

Paper Mario won’t even load

Mario Odyssey runs well, but 25 FPS

The only game that runs well is Sonic

I understand that there will be graphical glitches, I have used many emulators in the past. I can live with that, but again, I feel my system should be doing a lot better with frame rates.

I have tried docked and undocked, I know OpenGL is for Nvidia but I’ve also tried Vulkan and not any better.

Is my CPU the bottleneck? I know it is a little dated

Thank you again for your time and knowledge

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt (1.0 MB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu Early Access 892 HEAD-382b7daf0
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HK CPU @ 2.90GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                  OpenGL 4.6.0
Graphics Renderer                             GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version                            451.67
Use Async GPU                                 [x]
BCAT Backend                                  none
GPU Emulation Accuracy Level                  Normal

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

The CPU may be a possible bottleneck, depending of the clock speed you get while playing. A bigger cause here is the Nvidia drivers, recent ones are far slower in OpenGL. Stick to 446.14 for now to get the best performance.

citra_log.txt (4.8 KB)

You need to dump keys from your Nintendo Switch.

Hardware Requirements

CPU GPU RAM
Minimum Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200 Intel HD Graphics 520 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB 8GB
Recommended Intel Core i5-10400 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Intel UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB 16GB