Pokemon Alpha Sapphire doesn't work anymore

Issue:
Hello,
I’ve been playing Alpha Sapphire a lot lately and I hadn’t any issue until now. Today I can’t open the game, both Citra Canary and Nightly crash when I try to start this game. How can I solve?

System Information

• Operating System: WIndows 10
  • CPU: AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G
  • GPU: AMD RADEON™ R4 GRAPHICS
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): both Citra Canary 1763 and Citra Nightly 1554
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): none, emulator simply crashes

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (10.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1763 HEAD-777c13f
Operating System                              Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU                                           AMD A6-9220 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G   
Graphics API                                  OpenGL ?
Graphics Renderer                             ?
CPU JIT                                       [x]
Hardware Renderer                             [x]
Hardware Shader                               [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Shader JIT                                    [x]
System Region                                 -1
Shader Disk Cache                             [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I also have to say that I already read topics about similar problems and I tried many ways to solve the problem (like activating accurate multiplication) but the issue persists. Hope someone could help me, I played many hours and it’s sad that I can’t finish the game

Try a standalone build by going to the download page and click “Manual download”, then click the Windows icon and after it’s downloaded, extract it somewhere on your computer unrelated to your main Citra, e.g C:\testfolder. Then start its citra-qt.exe and see if that works, if not create a new folder called user then try again (it will look like Citra has reseted because it is now reading everything from this user folder instead of AppData).

The folder “user” was the solution, thank you very much for your advice and your work!

Ah ok, hm in that case either your config folder or sdmc folder in AppData is “corrupted” (I think).

Other games run, is that normal?