Pokémon Alpha Sapphire frame drops

Issue:
God Night, today i started playing Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, and everything was perfect, until i entered a battle or watched a cut scene.
The game was running fine, at 100% , 30 fix frames, but every time i start a battle or leave a battle, or enter in a cut scene, the FPS’s just drop instantly.
The game goes back to normal after it, but the problem repeats again and again, every time a battle happens or a cut scene appears.
Don’t know if u guys can help me but i would appreciate if t was possible, the game run perfectly outside the cut scenes and battles, but because Pokémon is a battle game, it starts to get annoying cause it happens too often.
Besides that i have a problem with the in battle text pokemon names, and lower screen too, it seems a bit foggy, i’ll leave a collection of image below, with the foggy text problem, my graphic build and i’ll leave the Citra logs too.
Thanks very much for your time!!

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise
  • CPU: Intel Core I7 - 8700K @ 3.70GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Tried with both Citra Canary 1607 and Citra Nightly 1444
  • Game: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar): Couldn’t catch the fps droping, but the other problem is here:

I’ll leave my Citra just in case:

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (151.9 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1607 HEAD-5be493d
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            442.74
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1607 HEAD-5be493d
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                3.3.0
GPU Driver Version                            442.74
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [x]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
Enable Vsync                                  null
System Region                                 -1

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

I found a solution in another topic. Most often, the launch of a slightly earlier version of the emulator helps, where this problem was really absent. The error appears since the emulator version 1423, so you need to use version 1422. It helped me in Pokemon Ultra Sun, where I encountered the same lags.
https://github.com/citra-emu/citra-nightly/releases/download/nightly-1422/citra-windows-mingw-20200221-e3dbdcb.7z
You need to extract the archive, go to nightly-mingw and run citra-qt.exe.
Or simply replace all the files in the folder of an already installed emulator.

1 Like

Problem Solved Thanks!
Just asking would this build run Pokemon X and Y or to play those i should use the new version of citra?

1 Like

There were no major changes in the emulation of Pokemon games.

I did not run Pokemon X/Y, but completed Pokemon Ultra Sun. The emulator crashed after the credits, but when I launched it again, I found that the game was automatically saved, and all post-game content, including new events and locations, became available. So if after the end of the credits there will be a crash, do not be scared.

Since Pokemon X/Y may have the same lags, as Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby and (Ultra)Sun/(Ultra)Moon, it is therefore better to run it on version 1422.

Thank You veryyyyyy muchhhh!!!