Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (Star Sapphire) crashing at Pokémon Center

Issue:
While I’m playing pokémon star sapphire (Pokémon Alpha Sapphire mod) some fps drops keeps happening at various points in the game. Ex: checking pokémon summary (moves, stats, etc); sometimes on the menu that shows your party and also on the item menu. I believe those fps drops are related with the fact that my pc is kinda old, but recently the game starts crashing at some points, mainly inside of pokémon center (not at a specific moment). It seems that the frequency with which the game crashes at pokémon center has increased over time. When the game stops, I cant do anything even outside the emulator for a few seconds, then the screen turns into black and returns with citra not responding (and the screen of the game turns into white)

System Information

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • CPU: AMD FX™-4300 Quad-Core Processor
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
  • Citra Version (found in title bar): Citra Canary 1468
  • Game: Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (mod)
  • Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):

after the games crashes and returning from the black screen (it’s impossible to take a screenshot at the exact moment when the game freezes because it results in a black screen)

Diagnostic Log

citra_log.txt (277.5 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                Canary 1468 HEAD-aa04edd
OpenGL Vendor                                 ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer                               AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
OpenGL Version                                3.3.1
GPU Driver Version                            19.9.1 26.20.13001.50005
Enable Hardware Renderer                      [x]
Enable Hardware Shader                        [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication      [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders             null
Enable Shader JIT                             [x]
System Region                                 -1

Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.

• Due to AMD’s poorly optimized OpenGL driver, you may experience slowdowns.
  • Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.

I just enabled Accurate Multiplication and started playing and when I was leaving the pokémon center it happened again

Turn off Enable Hardware Shader then restart the game and see if that helped. It will probably run slower though.