Pokemon AS graphical bug - unique to computer

Issue:
There is an annoying graphical bug in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire that I am only getting on my desktop. ‘Yelling’ speech bubbles have a black line at the bottom, and worse yet, Pokemon names are not showing up on the battle screen.

I tested the same .3ds file and system files/shared font on my laptop, and did not have the same issue. That is how I figured out it has to do with my desktop itself.

I clean reinstalled Citra less than an hour ago and the graphical bug still occurs. I have not yet found a combination of settings that solve this.

Anyone able to help?

System Information

Diagnostic Log
citra_log.txt (105.1 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

Try disabling Enable Hardware Shader?

Please me, my emulation don’t start. When I try start Pokemon it’s the result

Anyone has for Windows 10 ?

Tried that out, still had the same problem.

citra_log.txt (102.9 KB)

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

@Black-Lotus pokemon Y dont work in citra

@Black-Lotus Please don’t hijack threads. Open a new support thread for your issue. Thanks.

@Maxie You said that you tried this on your laptop and didn’t experience this issue. Was it also Mac OS and did it have similar specs to your desktop?

Yeah, its a MacBook Air, on the same OS version. Its significantly weaker than the desktop, with half the processing power and integrated graphics. Slower, but without the bug.

your specs sound insanely similer to my specs the cpu info so far you gave is identical to mine.

when i can download my pokemon alpha sapphire from my 3ds to my computer i will tell you then if i have it too

Starting to speculate that this is the result of a problem with the graphics card’s functioning. It looks like the kind of thing that Ive seen malfunctioning cards do.

If this is the case, I’m outta luck, this being an iMac. Can’t replace the GPU. Any other kinds of fixes?

I have been having the same exact issue when playing pokemon Omega Ruby. I’m new to this so I’m not sure if this will help but I have Bootcamp installed on my iMac and it runs Windows 7 and whenever I play Omega Ruby on it I don’t seem to have the problem on Windows 7 despite the fact that it is using the same exact hardware and the same exact files and build of Citra to play the game. It makes me think that it’s not a hardware problem but more of a software one for the iMac on the Citra end. I’ve included the specs of my computer just in case.

Operating System: Mac OS X High Sierra Version 10.13.5
CPU: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB
Citra Version: Nightly #799 and #800
Game: Pokemon Omega Ruby

1 Like

This is possible, Apple’s OpenGL drivers have been known to have issues.

Any workarounds that you know of?

It’s largely up to Apple to fix their drivers.