I just started playing Pokemon Crystal on Citra when I realized I couldn’t save past the first time. Sometimes it wouldn’t save at all but mostly only save once. I never had this problem playing Pokemon Yellow and was able to complete the game.
I’ve tried using a fresh install of Citra
creating/deleting/moving the ‘user’ folder
running as admin
I even tried starting the game with different genders, names, or pokemon
Can’t seem to figure out what is wrong.
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP 1
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
- Citra Version: 1230 (also tested on 1229 with same results)
- Game: Pokemon Crystal VC
citra_log.txt (110.5 KB)
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1230 HEAD-2138db3
OpenGL Vendor NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version 3.3.0
Enable Hardware Renderer [x]
Enable Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [ ]
Hardware Shader, Geometry Shaders [x]
Enable Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Enabling Accurate Multiplication is recomended in certain games. If you are experiencing graphical glitches, try enabling this option.
- LLE Audio is designed for debugging purposes. Using this option will slow down your game. Try changing to HLE audio.
After a couple more tests
I was able to duplicate the problem in Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver
Gold didn’t save the new game at first, then had the same problem of not overwriting saves.
Seems like the Gen II games will occasionally not save a new game for some reason on top of being unable to overwrite the first save.
Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem?