When trying to launch Pokemon Crystal (Virtual Console), it says it’s loading shaders, launching, then immediately goes to a black screen.
- Operating System: Windows 10 19043.2006
- CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Citra Version (found in title bar): Nightly 1785
- Game: Pokemon Crystal
- Screenshot of Issue (include the full Citra window including titlebar):
citra_log.txt (12.4 KB)
In order to save a copy of the log, follow this guide:
System Information for Support
Client Version Nightly 1785 HEAD-baecc18
Operating System Windows 10 (10.0)
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API OpenGL 4.3.0
Graphics Renderer NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver Version 516.94
CPU JIT [x]
Hardware Renderer [x]
Hardware Shader [x]
Hardware Shader, Accurate Multiplication [x]
Shader JIT [x]
System Region -1
Shader Disk Cache [x]
Here’s some issues I found with your log that might help.
- Please enable the Vsync option if you are experiencing screen tearing.
File>Open Citra Folder. Then open up the
shaders folder. Delete the
opengl folder found here. See if the issue remains.
Didn’t change anything unfortunately
I’d recommend a redump then. Please refer to our game dumping guides:
Dumping Game Cartridges
Dumping Installed Titles
Make sure your GM9 is up to date and that you have enough free storage space available on your SD-Card to perform the dump.