Pokemon games running at low frame rate

its running very slow at 11 but is there a way i can make the quality worse and make the framerate higher?

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by Citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File.

yuzu_log.txt (174.7 KB)

System Information for Support

Client Version                                yuzu 240 HEAD-mainline-636-1932-ge76405659
OpenGL Vendor                                 NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL Renderer                               GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version                                4.6.0
GPU Driver Version                            445.87
Enable CPU JIT                                null
Docked Mode                                   [ ]
RNG Seed                                      [ ]
Use Accurate GPU Emulation                    null

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a moderator to assist.

my laptop is an ultrabook

Performance will be low on laptop CPUs, they can’t use as much power as desktop parts.

well i guess i have to wait thanks for helping

1 Like

i just tested citra i upscaled to 4k its running great it looks amazing why is yuzu lagging?? is there a downscaling feature?

and also yuzu was tested on a gpd win 2 and it ran at full speed 30 fps {pokemon lets go eevee} i compared the specs mine were a little better why and it runs 11 fps at usually 50 - 60 % speed

That’s a fake, the Win 2 is too weak to produce that, be careful of youtube videos.
Regarding performance with Citra, that’s due to two reasons, one Citra is far more mature than yuzu, and two, the 3DS is FAR less complex than the Switch.

i heard there was a low end mod for mario odyssey ill try that

wait i found this it shows actual proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_h1q0n7_Q

you didnt anwer my question can i downscale graphics to make fps better

Check the speed report at the bottom, goes over a 100% at 22FPS, he’s using a 15FPS mod, those mods makes the games unstable.
You can use mods to degrade graphics, but the bottleneck is in the CPU, not the GPU, 99% of the time you will not improve framerate.
The low end mod of SMO makes the game unplayable on New Donk City, don’t use it.

if i get yuzu early acsess will it be faster?

well i have no choice its littarely unplayable without it at 6 fps and pixaleted af

No, speed should be basically the same on both yuzu verisions, for now.
Check this video and set the nvidia control panel as shown there, that will give you a nice speed bump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omRFhicsLw0&t=978s

you already told me to do that and I did
edit: i applied the ram thing on disc d, not c (c is my system it’s much faster) now I did it correctly pkmn sword improved and pkmn let’s go Eevee is completely playable but there’s one thing when I try to get ready to capture my starter it just kicks me back to the place where my cursor (i tried both docked and undocked)

sword was 18 fps i was atleast able to walk fast and lets go wasnt full speed but good enough (23 - 28 80 % speed outside, 48 - 60,90% - 157% (disabled limit) inside)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1sq7Kedm8g runs way better than mine the only thing that is has better is the ram should i try vulkan or stick with opengl ??? does smo run good because i already built up my shader cache? {i played the first two kingdoms}