Pokemon Legends Arceus crashing while loading shaders

Hello. I tried opening Pokemon Legends Arceus with Vulkan and my GPU set as AMD. It always crashes on startup while loading shaders. I tried out the basic steps like deleting shaders, resetting settings etc. but nothing worked out. My drivers are on the latest version for my GPU too. But it loads well with OpenGL with AMD/Intel GPU and loads on Vulkan only with Intel GPU. I have a low end PC so I need the AMD GPU to boost my performance. I’m also on the latest version of yuzu mainline. I also have attached the log file.
yuzu_log.txt (311.5 KB)
Any help is appreciated.

CPU - Intel core i3 7020U
GPU - AMD Radeon 520

System Information for Support

Client Version                               yuzu 921
Operating System                             Windows 10 Version 2009
CPU                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz | AVX2 | FMA
Graphics API                                 Vulkan 1.2.170
Graphics Renderer                            Radeon (TM) 520
GPU Driver Version                           AMD proprietary driver 2.0.179
CPU Accuracy                                 Auto
GPU Accuracy                                 Normal
Docked Mode                                  [ ]
CPU Multicore                                [x]
Async GPU                                    [x]
Async Shaders                                [x]

I did not find anything wrong in your log file. Please wait for a human moderator to assist.

Out of support AMD GPUs from the GCN1-3 architectures can’t run the game on Windows while on Vulkan, their drivers are too old.
You would have to either stick to OpenGL, use Vulkan on the Intel GPU, or use Linux.

Any chance you know why they don’t work on the old architecture? For now I’ll stick to using Vulkan on the Intel GPU. Thank You for your reply

Latest AMD drivers past 21.5.2 added several fixes and extensions that we use, one of them may be needed by the game due to how it operates.

1 Like