Pokemon Moon Corrupted File Data from Retrieval

So my issue is that I did something stupid and changed to RetroArch cores for Citra instead of regular faster running Citra, and uninstalled the program via an external desktop application which also deleted the files. I took a day or two using file retrieval programs to get my old save data back but the really bad news is that the file is corrupted according to the game and I don’t know if there’s a way to salvage it without starting from the beginning. I know there are solutions to basic corrupted data by just deleting the .metadata and starting over, but I want to know if there is a way to fix the save file without losing the data on it. I have spent days trying to hunt down these files and I really don’t wanna give up on my old save.

i dont have pc information or log information, im sorry

In order for us to provide better support, we need to see the log generated by citra. This guide will walk you through how you can obtain the log file: How to Upload the Log File

Hmmm, you can try opening the file in PKHeX (a pokemon save file editor). Though, if that also says that the save file (main) is corrupted, then I’m afraid you’re shit out of luck.

Thanks for the reply and help, I got PKHeX and sadly it said the main file was corrupted. It happens I guess, but thank you for the help!! I’ll replay the game and just get my same Pokemon back for nostalgia’s sake. Sucks the old one is gone but hey at least my efforts were for good use.

1 Like